08 Jan History of Corporate Branding
History of Branding
- The word “brand” came from the Old Norse “Brandr” which means “To Burn”.
- It was the practice followed by producers who burns the mark (or brand) onto their products.
- It has been used long time back which was known as Cattle Branding in which cattle was marked so that identification becomes easy.
- This all started from 13th century and widely came into existence during Industrial Revolution.
What is a Brand?
- A brand is global vision of a company.
- A way of being and of doing things.
- Brand is every experience & association
- It is original and functional.
- It is the way target market recognize you.
- A Brand represent your promise.
- Your brand creates recognition.
What Brand is not?
- Brand is not only a brand’s logo.
- It’s not something cooked in cabinet meeting.
- It is not only your company mission statement.
- It is not a rule book.
- It’s not just for advertising.
- It is not the color scheme or the looks of the logo.
Benefits of Branding for a Buyer
- Identify Marketer
- Help buyers identify the product that they like or dislike
- Helps in reducing the time needed for purchase
- Helps in reducing buyer’s perceived risk of purchase
- Helps buyers in evaluating quality of products
- Enhance product recognition
- Helps Build Brand Loyalty
- Helps with Product Positioning
- Builds Brand Equity
- Aids in Introduction of New Products
- Lower Marketing Expenses